Wednesday, March 3, 2010

About the last few days...

I took last Friday off work. It wasn't for vacation or anything fun like that. It was planned, so it wasn't supposed to be because I was sick. Of course, I was sick.

It was just supposed to be a regular, relaxing day. I was going to sit at home and collect my pee to test to see if I have Cushing's disease. I decided to eat Chinese food for lunch.

And then something horrible happened. About 3 or 4 hours after I finished eating that Chinese food, it came back to haunt me. I was violently ill for the rest of the day and into the night. I couldn't even drink water. I lost 10 pounds.

It's been a long time since I was that sick. I think the last time was when I was in high school. I hate being sick.

After the big sick of Friday night, I was still nauseous the rest of the weekend. I felt well enough to go to a friend's house for brunch on Sunday, but I limited myself to eating toast. I still wasn't feeling awesome.

Monday, I went back to work. That was foolish. I should have stayed home. Every time I ate or drank something, it caused a stomach cramp that would then lead to a wave of nausea pouring over my belly. Nothing ever came of it, but it was very uncomfortable, and I left work early. I felt better on Tuesday, but after lunch the same thing started happening. Last night for dinner I limited myself to toast and applesauce, and I think that really helped me. This morning I woke up feeling refreshed and well, and I haven't really been nauseated all day. So far. I plan on still eating a very basic lunch (maybe graduating to a bagel and a banana), and I've been drinking Gatorade to rehydrate.

My goal is to be back on a normal (for me) diet by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment