Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Awesomeness of Yesterday

Yesterday was pretty awesome, and it had nothing to do with St. Patrick's Day.

First of all, I got to sleep in a half hour - had to get to the doctor's office to get more blood drawn for tests. I ended up getting to the lab 10 minutes before it opened. Not exciting there, but at least I was first so they got to see me right away.

I got to work around 8 and it was a decent day at work. I wasn't bored out of my mind and I got some good things accomplished - especially one particular process that's been nagging at me for months now. No worries, I won't bore you with the details of my work here.

It was a good day at work, so I'll just leave it at that.

After work, it was absolutely gorgeous out. A perfect day, especially for mid-March. I walked to Barnes & Noble because I really wanted to pick up a book on gardening. Now that I have a yard, I really want to garden, but I have no idea where to start. I ended up buying "Gardening Basics for Dummies" because it was on sale and cheaper to start with than some of the other books I saw. Plus, despite their name, I've heard good things about the "for Dummies" books, and the reviews on Amazon for this one are pretty good. I'm kind of excited to get started.

I would have walked to my parents' condo from downtown after that, but I wasn't wearing the right shoes. My feet would have died by the time I got there. So I hopped on a bus and walked the couple blocks from the bus stop... it was such a beautiful day. I was listening to Mike Doughty on my shiny new iPod because he's coming to town this weekend and I'm going to one of the shows. I'm super excited. I could listen to him all day.

I went to my folks' place for Game Night, and it was awesome. We ate pizza and played a game my brother introduced us to called Puerto Rico. It was a fun game, but I made a foolish mistake at the end that cost me the game. A good time was had by all. I think, if I play that game again, I could have a chance at winning. It's not a quick game, though. But that could be because there were a couple first-timers playing. We asked a lot of questions.

In the end, I was home by 10. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment