Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Trying.

I joined another online dating website today. I wrote the stupid "about me" section and described the qualities I like in men. I listed movies and books and music that I like. I hate all this crap, but I did it. Again.

I feel like my life has become stagnant. It's been a long time since I've been on a date. It's been even longer since I felt a real connection with someone. This is the part that freaks me out the most about turning 30. I thought maybe finding a fresh batch of guys to choose from would help me, maybe get me excited about finding someone again. But it looks like the type of person on this new site isn't my type of guy. Haven't found a single geek/nerd yet.

I do the same thing every day. I go to work. I come home from work. I watch some TV, I make dinner, I watch some more TV. Maybe I make a necklace or two or some earrings. I go to bed. Lather, rinse, repeat. But the thing is, I like my life. Do I really want to find someone to interrupt a routine that's become such a comfort to me?

Well, unless I want to spend the rest of my life crying, I should probably do something about this lonely thing I've been feeling. Hence the new dating website.

I've heard through the grapevine that my roommate is thinking about moving in with her new boyfriend. That's all I'm going to say about that.

In other news, next week I'll be in Kansas City. I'm finally going on a road trip with my baseball buddy to watch the Twins play the Royals. It should be really fun. We're also going to an amusement park. That better be fun, because it's called "Worlds of Fun." I hope it lives up to its name.

4 comments:

  1. Not that it's hard to find good BBQ in KC but Amber and I ate at this place when we were there http://www.jackstackbbq.com/info.asp?ii=2&sid=&eid=&tid=

    I had a baked potato (it was giant on it's own) covered in pulled pork. I think I still dream about it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is the more you look outside yourself for happiness the more it will elude you. Married, kids, friends at some point you are inside yourself. Do you like you? Then keep bing you and someone will comealong that likes what they see.
    If you don't like the routine then change it. For you. Not someone outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While a part of me wants to believe Anonymous there, another part of me definitely knows the frustration of spending two years growing more and more happy with myself and every single part of my life, and yet still being single. I want to believe that I'll just trip over love one of these days, but another part of me is skeptical. Being a passive participant isn't going to get me anywhere in any other part of my life - I've worked hard to have good relationships with my family and friends, and have certainly been working hard to be successful in school and in my career. Why should meeting someone be any different?

    Sometimes it really does feel like too much, though. Good for you for putting yourself out there! I'm just trying to stay open to possibilities. I read something once that said that maybe people who are lucky are just people who pay attention so they recognize good things when they come along and take advantage of the opportunities life presents. We'll see how that works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you the best of luck with this. I know it bothers you being single; I just sometimes forget how much. Also, if and when I move, it's not about leaving you. I want you to know that specifically because I feel like you're feeling that a little bit. I will still spend the time with you I always have.At the same time, I want to remind you, moving isn't happening yet. I two you.

    ReplyDelete