Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tummy Growling

Today is Thursday. Really? Only Thursday? Man. I just can't get used to this first-full-week-of-work-after-the-holidays thing.

I'm hungry. It's almost time for lunch, which is good. I'm hungry. Wait, did I already say that? Well, then it must be true. I know that eventually I'll get used to eating smaller meals, but this week is especially difficult. I'm almost constantly hungry, and that makes it really hard not to think about food. Thinking about food is bad, because that makes me do things I'll later regret. If I think about food, I end up eating shredded cheese straight out of the bag (in my defense, there was only about a quarter cup left, so it wasn't very much). Of course, all this talking about thinking about food is making me, naturally, think about food. And since it's lunch time, I'm thinking about going out and getting a really big salad from the place downstairs, or a giant sandwich from Subway. Something huge to fuel my enormous appetite.

I told myself when I resolved to save money that I could go out for lunch once a week. I also found out today that my paychecks in 2010 are a little bigger than I was expecting (thankfully that didn't go the other way - I was doing one of those hope-for-the-worst things, and it worked). I can eat out today and tomorrow, I'll eat the lunch that I brought for today. It's not cheating. I don't have to feel guilty about this. Unless I get a bacon cheeseburger with fries. Then I feel guilty. But I don't want a bacon cheeseburger. I want a salad.

Oh! Speaking of salads, I've been eating this salad dressing on my salads at home, and it's really good: Kraft Light Sicilian Roasted Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette

No comments:

Post a Comment