Monday, January 25, 2010

Ah, Football, or Brett, You've Got it Going On

A few weeks into the football season this year, when the Vikings were still undefeated, I thought to myself (and may have spoken it aloud) that the Vikings would make it to the NFC championship game only to blow it in the end. They are, after all, the Vikings. They are a Minnesota pro sports franchise. They are champions of disappointment.

I really only started getting into football this year. I watched a few games last year, and I've been to a couple games at the Dome. But this year, thanks largely in part to HDTV, I really got into the Vikings. I watched most of the games. This year, I became a real fan.

Last night's game - the NFC Championship game - was easily the most intense, exciting, and heartbreaking game I've ever seen.

We had it in the bag. Tie score, in possession of the ball in field goal range with seconds left on the clock... and BAM! Interception. Yet another red-zone turnover.

I don't blame you, Brett. Especially after how beat up you got in that game (especially considering none of those hits were actually sacks). I think it was a poor decision at that point in the game, but it's not your fault that the Vikings lost. I blame Butterfingers Baloo (formerly known as Adrian Peterson). And I'm a little peeved with Percy Harvin (I had your back, man) for following Butterfingers' example. The whole point of the game is to HOLD ON TO THE FRIGGIN BALL!

Sorry, got a little carried away there. I apologize.

So, Brett, I hope you decide to come back for one more year before you retire. Clearly, something is working right with you on the team if they were able to get so close to the Super Bowl. I'm sad it didn't happen this year, but I have hope that next year will be different.

Oh, and in other news, I'm now down 8 pounds. 3 cheers for baggy pants!

1 comment:

  1. It is too bad that the Vikings lost. they should have won easily though I don't blame Favre and I do hope he comes back without too much drama.

    Congrats on the 8 lbs. What are you taking for lunches? I need to get on track here.

    ReplyDelete