Tuesday, December 22, 2009

*Spoiler Alert*

No, I'm not actually going to spoil anything in this topic. I'm just going to talk about the concept of spoilers.

I watch a lot of TV. If you know me at all, you know that. Lately, it's my favorite form of entertainment. However, I'm still catching up on a lot of shows. For example, I'm only in the beginning of season 3 of Dexter - lots of catching up to do. From what I hear, the 4th season just ended not too long ago, and it was quite the thrilling end. Thanks to my nosing about on TV-related message boards, a big part of that thrilling end was spoiled for me, and I'm upset about that. I wasn't even reading a topic about Dexter (I've been avoiding those). It was a topic about scenes in TV shows that make you cry. Sure. That's fine. Say that the season 4 finale of Dexter made you cry. That's fine. Lots of finales make me cry. But don't say what happened in it that made you cry unless you give us warning!

I've been watching The Office lately - I recently discovered how great the show is. I saw an episode from the current season when I was on the plane on my way to Mexico. I didn't realize the damage it was doing, however, until I got to season 5 (last year's season) in my watch-through. The end of season 5 totally lost its effect because I knew something from watching that season 6 episode. Kind of a bummer, but not nearly as bad as the Dexter thing. I actually knew a lot about the plot of The Office before watching it, and I think it was fine because it's a comedy. The show is still funny to watch even if I know what's going to happen in the overlying story arc.


In other news, I hear it's going to snow a lot in the next few days. Why is there always bad weather on Christmas Eve when I'm driving to Maple Grove in the dark with a car that isn't mine? I hope our landlord can keep up with the shoveling. I did wear my boots today.

I'm still not done with my Christmas shopping. I've got 2 things that I need to get today or tomorrow. Things for my friends can wait until after Christmas is over. Wait. Is it really only 2 things? I find this hard to believe. Thinking... thinking... yes. Only 2 things. Woo-hoo! But then I need to wrap things. Bah. I'll have to put on the Christmas music tomorrow night and have my own personal wrapping party.

No comments:

Post a Comment