Saturday, July 3, 2010

She's All Grown Up

Today I had a moment. A type of moment that doesn't happen very often.

Yes, it's true: I had a moment where I felt like an actual ADULT. A grown-up.

I spent my day cleaning house and getting some shopping done because I've got a little BBQ shindig coming up for the 4th of July. I went to the Home Depot for some home-repair items and some gardening things. Little stuff, not really a big deal. But this is the first time in a long time that I've been to a Home Depot.

I loved it.

The people working at the store are great. They were friendly and helpful and were very good as not treating me as if I were an idiot who knew nothing about home improvement. I found what I needed quickly (some long wood dowels for my morning glory plants to climb, some wood glue to repair a chair, and a tomato cage for the plant in my garden).

As I was leaving the store, an employee stopped me and asked if I was interested on getting a free estimate for some kind of home cooling system. I politely told him that I don't own my home, and went on my way.

I realize the guy was doing his job, and he probably asks everyone as they left if they wanted the free estimate on whatever it was. But still, it made me feel like a grown up. It's not outside the realm of possibility for a person who looks like me to be a homeowner. I like to believe that the guy asked me because he thought I might be interested in adding this system to my house.

I'm a grown-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment