Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tempting Fate?

By this time tomorrow, none of this will be an issue, but today I'm worried.

About two weeks ago, I put down a deposit for season tickets at Target Field for 2011. It's two seats, a 20-game package, and the deposit was a total of $210. I used my check card to make the deposit.

The charge still hasn't come out of my bank account.

I currently have less than $210 in my checking account (plenty in savings, but I'll get there in a moment). I get paid tomorrow, direct deposit. Once that paycheck shows up, all my worries disappear.

Why don't I just transfer some money to my checking account to cover the charge? Because I know myself. I've been tucking money into my savings account gradually for months. If I take some of that back, it's going to feel like I have that money to spend, even if it's just for a day. I don't want to do it.

Am I tempting fate? Will the season ticket deposit come out of my account today simply because I refuse to transfer funds to my checking account? I'm not even in Vegas yet and I'm already gambling.

I just double-checked, and I do have overdraft protection set up. I just won't use my check card at all today. I'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Since you have overdraft protection, you will be OK. WIll you still get charged a fee if they have to pull from savings to keep from overdrafting? Also, after today, FORGET that you have overdraft protection.

    ReplyDelete